The Northern Marches of Bylina
At the beginning of a session resolve:
-Burglary & Rumors.
When leaving Suvid resolve:
-Starting weather: 1/6 chances of starting with bad conditions.
When returning to town resolve:
-Followers loyalty to see if they remain in service or leave.
-If follower remain: test morale to see if loyalty raise by 1.
-If PC gain a level: test loyalty to see if morale raise by 1.
At the end of the session resolve:
-If a disturbed zone or dungeon will change : roll for change 1/6 (+1 by expedition. At 6/6 the location stabilize) (new visit add +1).
Roll a d6 to determine how it changed:
1. L’orde ou le chaos gagne en importance.
2. Les relations entre les factions change.
3. Apparition ou disparition d’une faction.
4. Le comportement d’une faction change.
5. Une faction à un problème et désire donner une quête.
6. Évènement spécial créant un effet ou une location unique.
COST OF LIVING:
- Poor inn: 1GP/LV
Average inn: 5GP/LV
Secure inn: 10GP/LV
Rent property: 10GP/LV/Room
Buy property: 1000GP/Room
Own property: 1GP/LV/Room
- Extra (by LV):
Stables: + 2GP
Luxury: +5GP ( + 1 morale & +1 burglary )
Chain armors: +1GP ( or save for degradation at +1)
Plate armors: +2GP ( or save for degradation at +1)
Missile weapons ammo: +1GP ( to refill )
Ration & torch: free refill.
- Chance of burglary (-3d3x10% of gold) & free rumor:
Poor inn: burglary 1/6, rumor 3/6
Average inn: burglary 1/10, rumor 1/6
Secure inn: burglary 1/20, rumor 1/10
Property: burglary 1/12, rumor 1/6
Outpost: zone encounter chance or 1/6 if fortified or secret.
- Bank: protect again burglary at the cost of 10% deposed income.
PLAYERS actions in town:
- Each player can buy or sell common items & take 1 action for:
-Finding a special high quality merchant.
-Finding a specialist for specific services.
-Finding & recruiting followers or retainers.
-Finding & changing inn.
-Maintain a base camp.
-Buy or rent a property.
-Doing magic researches.
-Looking for rumours (no test needed).
Special quality merchants or services:
- When dealing whith them make a reaction roll: 2d6+CHA
2: refuse to deal
3-5: sell at x2, buy used goods at 1/5, buy treasures at 1/3
6-8: sell at x1,5, buy used goods at 1/3, buy treasures at 1/2
9-11: sell at x1, buy used goods at 1/2, buy treasures at 1
12: sell at x0.75, buy used goods at 1, buy treasures at 1,5
- Weapon quality: + 1 to hit or to damage.
-High: cost x100, bonus 1x combat.
-Superb: cost x300, bonus 2x combat.
-Master: cost x500, bonus 3x combat.
- Armor quality: – 1 on AC & resistant to degradation effect of critical hits (2/6).
-High: cost x100, bonus 1x combat. Save vs critical: + 1
-Superb: cost x300, bonus 2x combat. Save vs critical: + 2
-Master: cost x500, bonus 3x combat. Save vs critical: + 3
- Animal quality: +1HP/HD or +1HD or +1ML or +1DMG die size or +5 encumbrance or +10 combat MV.
-Poor: cost 1/3, 2 inverted options.
-High: cost x100, 1 option
-Superb: cost x300, 2 options
-Master: cost x500, 3 options
Rumours : 10GP by zone level + 1d10GP (open roll).
Choose a creature, location, dungeon or other element of the zone to receive a clue about it (roll on clue table).
- GM make a secret roll:
1: the information is totally wrong.
2-3: the information is partially wrong.
4-5: the information is accurate but partial.
6: the information is totally accurate.